Here is more updated information about Mr. Obama’s ACA ruling for 2014: The Obama administration has released final regulations on the ACA
At the November 2013 Executive Committee Meeting, Healthcare Navigator Frank Bloom gave a brief presentation about the ACA aka Obamacare. Some of the points he made were:
- The ACA will benefit adjuncts who fall below the poverty level of $45,000 for individual and $96,000 for a family
- There are different ways to apply. One, the main website, http://www.healthcare.gov; two, by phone; and three, by mail in application
- Free preventative services include: Cancer screening, abdominal Aortic aneurysm, blood pressure screening, colorectal cancer screening, type 2 diabetes screening, immunizations and vaccinations, and etc.
- No longer can insurance companies deny based on a pre-existing condition and place a lifetime cap on your coverage.
- Contact Frank Bloom at 847.494.5702 for more information.
You can find information about low-cost medical plans at this link: Medical Information
Below is a link to allow a person to calculate estimated cost of coverage on the exchange and whether they would qualify for Medicaid.